Monday, May 23, 2005

Sometimes when I'm lonely, I dream of tandoori chicken.

Have you ever eaten something so good that you find yourself thinking about it at random times? A bit odd, isn't it, but I'm sure we all have. At least I hope it's not just me.

When I was in Penang, Malaysia, I had this tandoori chicken at a little whole in the wall Indian restaurant that was so good, I actually find myself dreaming of it when I am in a melancholy mood and need something to lift my spirits. It was hands down, some of the best food I have ever eaten. Mindboggling is the only way I see fit to describe it. I can still see it vividly before me. Its fiery red skin, perfect glaze, and of course the taste. OH..., the taste! Mindboggling. Simply mindboggling.

Dishes such as these merely become another memory that one longs to bring to fruition once again. Something that tortures you because it is now so far away, and you can't have it. It racks your soul and scrathes at your insides knowing that the tandoori will always evade you. But, as a wise man once said, it is better to have eaten great tandoori chicken once, and forever long for its essence again, then to never have eaten great tandoori chicken at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home