Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Insert white face here

Insert white face here. The feeling one gets in Asia after being flogged with attention, and then finding out that the same would be given to any foreigner who happened to find themselves in similar circumstances. Of course, initially upon being showered with UUUs and Ahhs, we would all like to believe that we are the worthy recipients of long over due praise. "It's about time I started getting my true deserve!", might even float a top the most egotistical individual's head. But of course, never mine, naturally!

But get fucking serious now! Worthy! Are you freaking kidding me? Worthy of what? Of being white? And if one is truly blessed: towheaded. It becomes a vicious circle of racist thought: Person gets praise by merely being Caucasian, followed by said person feeling worthy of praise because of merely being Caucasian. If one's souce of confidence is derived only from something as uncontrollable as their genetic make-up, well, fuck! I'm jealous. Woe is me for wanting to be worthy of just a little more than being thrust into this world the same color as an intenstine. Kind of a gross thought actually. Sorry. But, please. People of Japan. Must you be so shallow? We are complex human beings here living amongst you. Shit, some of us are fucking insane! And I don't mean the cool, college guy that can drink a shit load of beer and stay up all night insane. I mean mental hospital levels. You all should be worried. Take the time to really get to know a foreigner before you make a judgement. This goes for all citizens of the world. Sorry if it seems as if I am only singling out my current host society, the Japanese. Which I guess, well,...I am.

To further this rant, remember when you saw your first karate films, and thus started to ponder on the idea that all Asian people must be able to do a triple barrel roundhouse kick? Or was that just me...? But, really, this kind of thinking is ridiculous. If you really have to break billions of people in the world into simple catagories, then how about, the good versus the bad, or the stinky versus the less stinky. Let the judgement be made upon witnessing the observed person's actions. Is this really that hard, people? I mean come on? I've broken it down to only two freaking catagories for you. Even my retard trailer trash uncle can process that much in his drug riddled brain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home