Tuesday, June 14, 2005

CAUTION: Office time may cause drowsiness. Plus make you an idiot.

Ah...another fulfilling day in the office. At times like these, the most difficult part of the day is figuring out how best to pass the time.

One has so many options from which to choose. Naturally there are the expected courses -- lesson planning (get serious), studying Japanese (boring), or planning an extracurricular/after school activity (Now you're killing me).

It usually takes me 2 hours of intense computer screen starring just to decide. This period of "deep thought" is supplemented with drinking 3 cups of throat-shredding instant coffee leaving me with a satisfied, caffeiny feeling. After this morning ritual, I am ready to begin. The plan is...er...more internet surfing. Followed by raiding the omiyage snack basket in short, guerilla type raids. By days end, I will have eaten half a box of Miffy bean puffs, as well as completely surfed myself into an idiotic haze.

Time to go home and watch some TV!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey johnny mung, i spent 7 hours in the office on monday, not ONE person said, hello. not one friggen ohio goziamas, and after 7 mind numbing hours in the tobacco filled (where second hand smoke goes to die) not one otskarasama to my 'osaki ne shitsuray blah blah..' so i feel for ya.. only another month or so to go...

4:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to say, zen meditation must have been developed at the BOE. I never was able to do it before, but now I can turn my brain off on demand and stay that way for hours. In fact I'm doing it right now.

6:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I fell sorry for you all. My office time is relaxing at home with my movies and my TV. You gotta teach them who is the boss (oh, I have clubs, I am working on pictures I took for the school, I can't use Japanese computers cuz the kanji is crazy), but if you don't do it in the first weeks of your first year, you are *fucked*. If you are going to waste you time here, do it in the luxury of your own ocean-view-student-love-hotel. And try not to fuck it up for your successor by doing something stupid... like getting caught.

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home