Tuesday, June 21, 2005

JET Wonders What Next Pseudo-Job Will Be.

Upon realizing that his JET tenure would soon be coming to a close, Nakatonbetsu AET, Forrest Akers, 30, has begun to wonder exactly what his next pseudo-job will be. "It's actually quite intimidating," Forrest said. "I mean, I've been doing this pseudo-type-job for so long now, there's no way I could actually do real work. Gimme a break."

Although, Forrest admits he occasionally considers the prospect of getting a "real job," so to speak, the idea is quickly abandoned after recalling what "real" work actually was like prior to entering the JET Programme. "I remember my past job," says Forrest. "It really sucked. There's no way I want to do that again, at least if I can help it. People actually expecting something from you. Having to risk getting fired for screwing up. Getting yelled at for being late. Jeesh! Crazy, I tell you. Inhumane."

Nonetheless, regardless of the odds stacked against him, Forrest is confident that he can somehow find a new pseudo-job working alongside real, actual professionals. "I'll just keep looking and won't give up," vows Forrest. "There's another empty, useless position out there waiting to be filled by a highly un-motivated individual such as myself. You'll see. I've just got to beat the odds and find it. Or, squander the last of my JET savings on booze trying, that is."

All we have to say is good luck, Forrest. Good luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home